All about Pico Laser
Pico Laser is often touted as the “latest” laser treatment for Pigmentation and Tattoos, and has been gaining popularity in recent months with an influx of celebrities and influencers publicizing it on social media.
But did you know… not all Pico Lasers are created equally?
With a variety of different machines in the market, Pico Laser treatments differ from clinic to clinic. Therefore, if Pico Laser didn’t work for you before, hear us out and don’t write it off just yet!
What is Pico Laser?
Pico Laser refers to a type of laser that works in “pico-seconds” (one thrillionth of a second!), hence the name.
When the laser light is being absorbed by the pigmented lesions, the light will vibrate, fragmenting the particles into really thin “dust”. The melanin and pigment particles are broken down in pico-seconds. This extreme speed in turn means that the skin takes a lesser time to heat up, thus reducing the risk of hyper-pigmentation. The Laser pulses generate a pure photoacoustic effect which targets the pigments without affecting the surrounding tissues.
Types of Pico Laser
There are a few different brands of machines in the market, some of the most popular ones include:
- Discovery Pico
While all Picosecond lasers can remove pigments, not all pigment-removal lasers are Picosecond lasers. We always recommend checking out the brand of Pico Laser to ensure you are getting an authentic experience with Pico Laser!
Our personal favourite – the Discovery Pico, is developed by Quanta System, one of the biggest international research centres in laser and optics. The unique Nd:YAG double-wavelength laser delivers up to 800 mJ of energy and up to 1.8 GW of power and in Q-Switch and Photo-Thermal modes, thus making Discovery PICO the most powerful and flexible laser in its class. With the combined use of both laser wavelengths – Q-Switched and Photo-Thermal pulse emission modes, Discovery PICO is twice as powerful as any other Picosecond laser for medical applications.
PICO Toning by Discovery PICO with Privé
PICO Toning helps to address problems of various: melasma, sun spots, age spots, freckles, even birthmark and unwanted tattoo.
- Pigmented lesions – Melasma, Age Spots, Sun Spots, Birthmarks
- Acne scars – Lightens post-acne hyperpigmentation
- Facial rejuvenation – Radiance and brightening dull skin
Pico Laser Toning is fast and effective process that takes only 15 minutes. It is gentle and non-invasive, and there is no downtime involved making it great for a lunch-time fix! Additionally, due to the shorter pulses, Pico Laser is safe for all skin types and skin tones.
At Privé, we strongly believe in providing customized solutions that deliver results. As part of our commitment to you, we do not limit the number of laser passes per session, so you could be getting multiple different types (different laser modes to target different layers of the skin) and “rounds” of pico lasers at no additional costs! Of course, this will depend on your individual skin condition and concerns, the laser intensity, your pain tolerance and lifestyle habits, and most importantly our doctor’s professional assessment. After all, our doctors only wants the best for your skin.
Pico Laser Toning is very tolerable and most patients do not feel much pain. To make the process more comfortable, we use a cool air device in conjunction with Pico Laser to soothe the skin. We always aim to provide a soothing and comfortable experience with effective results for our patients.
In conclusion, here are a few pointers to help you figure out what sort of Pico lasers suits your skin condition:
- Always read up and check the brand of the Pico Machine, and then check that the clinic is registered with the official distributor.
- Besides checking the price per session, also check if the clinic limits the number of passes and laser modes. As different parts of your face might have different needs (e.g pigmentation on cheek area and large pores on nose), different laser modes may be required for optimal results. The price could quickly add up if they are charged individually!
- Lasers could cause serious burns if mishandled – always ask as many questions as you need to make sure that the doctor is well equipped with the knowledge, experience and expertise to perform the laser treatment, and weigh your options carefully before proceeding. Only go ahead if you are 100% comfortable and confident.
Aug: Enjoy a session of PICO laser at $180 Nett (T&Cs apply). This treatment is aimed at reducing pigmentation and rejuvenating skin. For full details, please visit: bit.ly/rejuvenationpicolaser or contact us via WhatsApp at +65 96565380.